Sunday, January 6, 2008

What is the difference between joy and happiness, and why is the former is preferable to the latter?

Remember my very first post on my blog 'What a joy!!!'. Then if you are notice, my name is Joyce. How come i come out my first post is with that title? Well actually that was written by my friend. My friend wanted to cheer me up and think of that. It did help me. Thank you fren. I really appreciate that.

Now.... back to my question. I have recently read this article and i find it quite interesting and want to share it here.

Happiness depends on happenings. It comes from the root word hap, which means 'luck' or 'circumstances.' 'I am happy today because things just happened to turn out right.'

Joy is different. it goes deeper. Joy is an attitude, a choice. Joy is an inside job and is not dependent on circumstances. it is your choice to rejoice. You can choose, regardless of the circumstances, to be joyful.

Joy is what make life - well - enjoyable. When we learn to choose joy, we greatly enhance our lives.

No comments: